The History Center will remain open from 10:00 to 4:00, Wednesday through Saturday, and our Genealogy Library will be open Wednesday And Friday 10:00 to 2:00, but we have postponed our March events.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in Ohio, we wanted you to know that the History Center will remain open during our normal operating hours. However, all of our programs through the end of March have been postponed. This includes the premiere of WOUB’s Our Town: Gallipolis, and 10,000 Feet for Freedom with Leslie Blankenship. We will be sure to keep you updated when these events have been rescheduled.
We will continue to follow recommendations from the Athens County Health Department, and we’re committed to keeping you informed as the situation develops. In the meantime, we can all follow the personal prevention protection methods used to prevent flu and other infectious diseases as recommended by the CDC:
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air-dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Maintain safe social distance (~6 feet).
We hope to see you in April!